Monday, March 6, 2017

Week 8 Reflections

I think that my reading notes helped me to understand what the story I was using as my source was about. I don’t think that it helped me to come up with ideas, or even give me ideas on style choices. I think that I could spend more time coming up with ideas while reading, instead of doing it right before I try to write my story. I think for the Native American Tales I will choose to read the Alaskan story for my weekly reading. For British and Celtic stories, I am going to choose either the Canterbury Tales or Celtic Tales. For the last two weeks, I think I will choose to read one of the Brothers Grimm stories.

I think I like my stories overall. There are a few that I had to rush to put together that weren’t that great. However, there have been many that I enjoyed creating a lot. For my story book, I am happy in the direction I am going. I am getting a bit stuck on developing my story lines, but I think I just need to spend more time brainstorming.

I have been liking everyone’s stories so far. They are all so different and unique, that I get a new perspective on story writing every time I go to someone’s blog. I think that I need to use dialogue more in my stories. I read a lot of great stories where the author used dialogue really well, and that is something I struggle with.
*This picture is from a story that I really enjoyed writing this semester

1 comment:

  1. I have definitely had the same issues as you. I always take notes on the story, but I never am generating story ideas. But for the latest story I have written, I did manage to generate story ideas while reading. It was SO helpful, so I definitely recommend you start doing it! I also need to spend more time brainstorming. Sometimes it is hard for me to find motivation to do so when the class is structured how it is, but it has been so rewarding whenever I do write a story I am proud of.

    ReplyDelete