Monday, May 1, 2017

Wikipedia Trails: From Swans to Sleeping Beauty's Castle

Swans
I started off my wikipedia trails by looking at swans. One of the stories I read this week was about a witch who turns her new husbands kids into swans. I think swans are pretty so I wanted to learn more about them.

Lohengrin
From swans I went to the opera Lohengrin. This opera is swan related which is why I ended up on it. I learned that the famous wedding march comes from this opera, which I thought was really cool!

Next I went to neuschwanstein castle, which served as an inspiration for the opera Lohengrin. I love castle so I wanted to learn a bit more about this one. The palace took 17 years to complete, and is now open to the public to go visit. 


Sleeping Beauty Castle
The last wikipedia article I visited was sleeping beauty's castle. I was really excited to see that sleeping beauty castle took inspiration from neuschwanstein castle. They are both so pretty. I didn't realize that the castle is also featured in Hong Kong Disneyland

No comments:

Post a Comment