Sunday, January 29, 2017

Feedback Thoughts

The two articles I read for Articles on getting feedback.
The two articles I read for Articles on giving feedback.

Image result for feedback


I think the article that I took the most away from is the Key Characteristics of Better Learning Feedback. I felt like this article clearly explained the ways to give great feedback. It broke it down into seven key things that make some feedback better than others. I appreciated how he explained in detail how each of the key points contribute to making better feedback. Anytime I give feedback it usually comes in the form of a “good job”, “nice try”, or even “I think this aspect could be different”. Reading this article made me realize that my input is important, and I need to make an effort to give valuable feedback. I think his advice on giving “actionable information” is something that I need to make more of an effort doing. Instead of just giving advice on what I didn’t think worked, or what I liked, I need to give more detailed feedback to help the person see how they can improve or what made their work good. I need to work on not only giving feedback but receiving feedback. In high school when we were given back essays or stories that we had written, I never looked at the comments and feedback that the teacher wrote throughout the paper. I know that I am not a good writer and it makes me self -conscious when people point out my spelling or grammar mistakes. So I need to listen to the article when it says that feedback isn’t an attack on the person, but a guide to helping them improve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment