Sunday, January 22, 2017

Time Strategies

I read the articles The Psychology of Checklists by Lauren Marchese and 4 Questions to Help You Overcome Procrastination by Peter Banerjea. I really enjoy making checklists and task list to help me accomplish task, so it was interesting to find out that there was a scientific reason for my love of lists. Even though I love making lists, I am sometimes bad at checking things off. I realized that not all lists are created equal, and I need to get better at creating to do lists that are filled with tasks that I can reasonably do in a day so that I don’t get overwhelmed by the size of my list. I also learned that procrastination can be combated by reminding yourself about the importance of finishing the task on time. I have the problem of convincing myself that I have more time to do something than I really do, or telling myself that the task won’t take as much time as it actually will. I think I need to just get better at looking at my planner daily to see what tasks I have coming up, that way I can start them early enough. Another thing I can do is just being realistic with how I will spend my time and factor in break time. I don’t do well with focusing for long periods of time and I like to be able to take short frequent breaks throughout my day. So, factoring that into my schedule beforehand will give me a better idea of how long I will need to complete a task. Which in turn will help me to start them at the correct time so that I can work at a good pace. The last thing I can do to be better at managing my time is to just put myself in a location where I won’t get as distracted as much, that way I can use the time I do have better.
 Image result for procrastination


No comments:

Post a Comment